The Dynamic AI Runtime edition allows end users to run predefined reports created by a developer and then run directly from within the relevant application.
The Runtime Edition does not allow users to make modifications to the reports - if an end user wishes to make modifications to a report, then they may upgrade to a Server Edition or purchase one or more Desktop Edition Licences.
The Runtime Edition, although technically equivalent to a Desktop Edition, is capable of being used in a multi-user situation. This means it can be installed on a server and multiple users are able to connect to this server (indirectly through the developers application) and run the reports.
- The licensing model and the pricing for the Dynamic AI Runtime Edition follows that of the Visual DataFlex Multi-Client License.
- For Visual DataFlex applications the number of users for the Dynamic AI Runtime Edition is matched to the the number of users of the Visual DataFlex Multi-Client License in use at the site.
- The Desktop Edition allows the developer to lock the developed reports/dashboards etc to a specific repository and deliver this to the customer.
- The key that is used to lock the repository is then used when the reports are run at the customer site
- Only the developer can unlock the repository for making changes.
- The developer of the reports that are to be run with the Runtime Edition needs to have a license for a Desktop Edition.
- Visual DataFlex developers are provided with the Visual DataFlex Dynamic AI Library which has special provisions for integrating the reports into their own application.
Call us on 0845 2707747, or email for more details, prices, etc.
Asckey Data Services Ltd are authorised UK resellers for Data Access Europe and UK Dynamic AI consultants